Bridging Arts

Thursday 26 May 2011

Patterns in Milan and Manchester

A busy week - and only just getting round to looking at pictures taken in Milan at the weekend (on my Blackberry). Via della Spiga always captivating - a lot of coral patterns on fabric and actual pieces of coral in window displays, accessorising. So interesting how people with a feel for fashion sense patterns in the air, a mood or a trend ... My daughter somehow just knows....When I was last in Manchester she encouraged me to buy a shirt in a charity shop with a coral-like print - a snip at £3. 


















 Very close to the dress below- a hundred times more expensive in the heart of Milan's fashion district. Wish I had noted down the name of the designer, but only realised the resonance - and why I liked the dress! - later.